Summer sun shines early in Suffolk
SUMMER has come early to Suffolk with temperatures over the Easter holidays reaching those normally registered in mid-June.Thanks to warm air being blown into the UK from northern Europe, the countryside has been bathed in sunshine.
SUMMER has come early to Suffolk with temperatures over the Easter holidays reaching those normally registered in mid-June.
Thanks to warm air being blown into the UK from northern Europe, the countryside has been bathed in sunshine.
Phil Garner, a forecaster for Norwich-based Weatherquest, said temperatures were about six degrees Celsius warmer than usual.
He said: 'Normally we would be looking at the weather coming up from Spain. But we're pulling air in from the continent at the moment.
'The last two weeks have seen really warm weather across Germany and we're bringing that warmer air over and we're getting higher temperatures for this time of year.'
He said the next few days would see the currently isolated showers become more common and heavier and temperatures would drop to around 13 or 14 degrees.
- 1 Deal struck to acquire major Lowestoft shopping centre
- 2 New car rental development unveiled to 'rejuvenate vacant site'
- 3 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 4 Vicious burglars jailed for 25 years for 'utterly terrifying' raid
- 5 New lease of life for former Lowestoft town centre menswear store
- 6 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 7 Road to be closed as next phase of major flood defence works begin
- 8 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 9 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 10 Next stage of ultrafast broadband construction work to begin