Sun drenched beach shines for Picture of the Week winner
- Credit: Archant
With the darker nights now arriving earlier in the afternoon the summer season may seem like a distant memory.
But this stunning photo showing a sun drenched beach late in the evening brings back some welcome reflection.
And it has proved to be extra-special for one keen amateur photographer – after this image was selected as the winner of our popular Picture of the Week competition.
David Gooch took this photograph on Gorleston beach, and he was delighted to have won our contest for a second time.
Mr Gooch, of Hobart Way, Lowestoft, said: 'It was taken Gorleston beach at 8.20pm in the evening. The camera was a Canon 5D mk 3 and the lens a Canon 24x70 mk 2 lens.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Gooch receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and they must be digital images.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 4 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
To enter, email us your pictures, and your details (daytime phone number and a mobile too) to: email@example.com