Sun drenched beach shines for Picture of the Week winner
- Credit: Archant
With the darker nights now arriving earlier in the afternoon the summer season may seem like a distant memory.
But this stunning photo showing a sun drenched beach late in the evening brings back some welcome reflection.
And it has proved to be extra-special for one keen amateur photographer – after this image was selected as the winner of our popular Picture of the Week competition.
David Gooch took this photograph on Gorleston beach, and he was delighted to have won our contest for a second time.
Mr Gooch, of Hobart Way, Lowestoft, said: 'It was taken Gorleston beach at 8.20pm in the evening. The camera was a Canon 5D mk 3 and the lens a Canon 24x70 mk 2 lens.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Gooch receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and they must be digital images.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
To enter, email us your pictures, and your details (daytime phone number and a mobile too) to: email@example.com