Sunbathing seal wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This superb shot of lazy seal sunning itself on the rock groynes at Southwold has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by 66-year-old Bill Hancock, who lives in Southwold and used a Nikon D500 with a Tamron 160-600mm lens.
He said: 'I could not resist taking a picture of this chilled out seal perched on the rock groynes at Southwold clearly enjoying basking in the early morning sun.
'Untroubled by my presence just occasionally blinking at me and far too comfortable to move.
'Seals are seen regularly off the coast here, but rarely on the rocks so it was treat to get this picture.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Hancock receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree