Sunbathing seal wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This superb shot of lazy seal sunning itself on the rock groynes at Southwold has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by 66-year-old Bill Hancock, who lives in Southwold and used a Nikon D500 with a Tamron 160-600mm lens.
He said: 'I could not resist taking a picture of this chilled out seal perched on the rock groynes at Southwold clearly enjoying basking in the early morning sun.
'Untroubled by my presence just occasionally blinking at me and far too comfortable to move.
'Seals are seen regularly off the coast here, but rarely on the rocks so it was treat to get this picture.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Hancock receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 4 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted