Sunrise over Lowestoft earns amateur photographer our weekly picture prize
- Credit: Archant
MORNING SUNRISE: This idyllic scene of the sun rising over Lowestoft beach is this week's competition winner.
It was taken by Glenys Burwood, of Oulton Broad, who has won our popular picture contest for the first time.
And it also shows that images from all forms of technology can win our coveted weekly prize, as Ms Burwood captured the photo on her iPhone whilst on an early morning stroll.
'I had actually taken my car for an MOT so I had an hour to kill,' Ms Burwood explained.
'As it was such a lovely day, I took a walk up the seafront and decided to go onto the sand.
You may also want to watch:
'I took loads of images but it was the rays of the sun and the reflections on the wet sand that really caught my eye about this one.'
Ms Burwood, who works in payroll, emphasised that the image had no editing or filters added to it.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
After commenting that the competition win had 'made her day', she added: 'I'm not usually on the beach at that time so it was amazing to see the beautiful colours in the sky and the reflections in the sand.
'I entered a long time ago, but this is the first time I have won.'
As our winner, Ms Burwood receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, she is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be digital images, taken by amateur photographers.
To enter the contest, email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and a mobile number too if possible) to: email@example.com
Please put Picture of the Week in the subject box.