Sunrise picture at North Denes is our weekly competition winner
- Credit: Archant
STUNNING SUNRISE: This picturesque scene, captured at North Denes, has landed an amateur photographer with a debut win in our popular competition.
Christine Woodhouse, of Whapload Road, took the image of the historic fishing net drying racks beneath the sunrise, on her Fujifilm camera.
'I walked out of my house and I noticed the mist as well as the sun coming up,' she said.
'It was about 7.30am and I thought I caught the sunrise really well.
'I am really pleased to have won the competition and I quite often take images around the area.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Woodhouse, who previously lived in Manchester before moving to the town 16 years ago, also described how she regularly posts her images on the Facebook site 'Lowestoft in the 21st Century' – a group that has been set up for amateur photographers to share their pictures of the town.
As our winner, Ms Woodhouse receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 4 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, she is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be digital images submitted by amateur photographers.
? Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Picture of the Week in the subject box.