Beautiful sunrise wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful photograph which captures the fantastic colours of a seaside sunrise has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture depicts a sunrise at Lowestoft's Claremont Pier and was taken by Janet Tillett.
Ms Tillett, who is from the town, used her Lumix TZ100 to take the wonderful shot.
She said: 'I looked out of the window and could see that it was going to be a great sunrise so took myself to the beach - this is what I took.'
'I love going down to the beach to catch the sun coming up.
You may also want to watch:
'I am very pleased to win - thank you.'
As our winner, Ms Tillet receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org