Beautiful sunset over the Broads wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning sunset shot captured in Oulton Broad has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by 78-year-old Sid Cole of Lowestoft the week before Christmas while visiting the Wherry Hotel for a meal.
Mr Cole said: 'When I parked I saw this stunning sunset over the Broads. I did not have my camera with me so used my phone, a Samsung Note 8. I like catching sunsets and really liked the effect captured by the phone.
'It is most pleasing to win given the quality of photos that are published each week.'
As our winner, Mr Cole receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight