Beautiful sunset over the Broads wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning sunset shot captured in Oulton Broad has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by 78-year-old Sid Cole of Lowestoft the week before Christmas while visiting the Wherry Hotel for a meal.
Mr Cole said: 'When I parked I saw this stunning sunset over the Broads. I did not have my camera with me so used my phone, a Samsung Note 8. I like catching sunsets and really liked the effect captured by the phone.
'It is most pleasing to win given the quality of photos that are published each week.'
As our winner, Mr Cole receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree