Beautiful sunset over the Broads wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning sunset shot captured in Oulton Broad has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by 78-year-old Sid Cole of Lowestoft the week before Christmas while visiting the Wherry Hotel for a meal.
Mr Cole said: 'When I parked I saw this stunning sunset over the Broads. I did not have my camera with me so used my phone, a Samsung Note 8. I like catching sunsets and really liked the effect captured by the phone.
'It is most pleasing to win given the quality of photos that are published each week.'
As our winner, Mr Cole receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home