Sunset over Oulton Broad lands special prize
- Credit: Archant
SERENE SCENE: A 'very calm and peaceful' evening led to a number of keen amateur photographers trying to capture a picture perfect moment.
And this 'wonderful' shot of the sun setting over Oulton Broad has produced another winner for Peter Salmon, of Carlton Colville.
For Mr Salmon's photo, which was taken at Nicholas Everitt Park in Oulton Broad on Sunday evening, has been selected as the winner of our popular Picture of the Week contest.
Delighted to have been chosen once more, this latest success means Mr Salmon, of Mayfield, has now won our competition nine times. He said: 'It was taken at Everitts Park in Oulton Broad last Sunday evening at sunset. It was a very calm and peaceful evening and many people had come there to see what was quite a lovely sunset. To begin with there didn't seem to be a lot of colour in the clouds but after 15 minutes or so after the sun had gone down the sky began to colour up,' he added. 'I was there with several other photographers all hoping for a wonderful sunset and I don't think anyone was disappointed.'
As our winner, Mr Salmon receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
You may also want to watch:
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images. We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return.
Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: firstname.lastname@example.org putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.