Surfing seal wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful wildlife photo has earned the seal of approval and been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The shot, which captures a seal 'surfing' in the breaking waves at Horsey Beach, was taken by 50-year-old Richard Tomsett.
Mr Tomsett said: 'Although there was a lot of seals laying on the beach they don't make very dramatic photos so I concentrated on a particular seal which appeared to be surfing on the waves,
'It stood out for me because all you can see is the seal's face against what appears to be a bubble bath.'
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 4 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 5 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 7 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 8 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 9 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143