Suspected robbers quizzed after raid
Anthony CarrollThree suspected armed robbers are being questioned by Yarmouth detectives after a morning raid at a rural Norfolk post office.Anthony Carroll
Three suspected armed robbers are being questioned by Yarmouth detectives after a morning raid at a rural Norfolk post office.
The men, aged 22, 26 and 29, were arrested on the suspicion of armed robbery after an incident yesterday at the post office in Rollesby, near Yarmouth.
Detectives also arrested two youths in connection with the robbery.
At about 9.15am two men wearing balaclavas armed, with what detectives believe to be sledgehammers, smashed their way into the building off Fleggburgh Road.
You may also want to watch:
Julie Moule, police spokeswoman, said: 'No one was threatened or injured during the incident and there were no customers in the shop in at the time.
'The robbers left with a quantity of cash and made off in a silver car which police have since recovered.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 3 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 8 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 9 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 10 Pharmacy announced as latest site to begin coronavirus vaccinations
'Three men aged 22, 26 and 29, have been arrested in connection with this incident and are now in custody helping police with their enquiries.
'A 17-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl have also been arrested on suspicion perverting the cause of justice.'
No one at the Rollesby post office would comment on the robbery.
Last night the police said that they were not in a position yet to release any further details on the people arrested and the incident including how much was taken in the raid.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the robbery or to anyone who may have seen any suspicious people in the area.
Anyone with information should contact Yarmouth CID on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.