Swine flu suspected in East Anglia
Doctors at an Essex hospital are treating a woman suffering from a suspected case of swine flu.The woman went to Broomfield hospital in Chelmsford after suffering symptoms of the potentially fatal disease.
Doctors at an Essex hospital are treating a woman suffering from a suspected case of swine flu.
The woman went to Broomfield hospital in Chelmsford yesterday after suffering symptoms of the potentially fatal disease.
Jo Trigg, head of communications at Mid Essex Hospitals NHS Trust, said: 'The trust can confirm that we have a patient who was admitted to Broomfield Hospital with suspected swine flu on Tuesday.
'While tests are being run the patient is being treated in isolation and infection control procedures are being scrupulously followed to ensure no other patient or member of staff is put at risk.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'The test results aren't back yet, they are not due until this afternoon. At the moment it is just a suspected case.'
The results of the tests are expected at around 3pm this afternoon.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 6 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 7 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
- 8 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 9 Car battery stolen after 'bonnet forced open' during overnight theft
- 10 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
So far Scottish newlyweds Iain and Dawn Askham are the only Britons confirmed to be suffering from swine flu, which is suspected to have caused almost 160 deaths in Mexico.