Switch on to community television
ONE of the projects which the Community Safety Partnership is involved in is Waveney Partnership TV. Local residents may have sat in cafés within Lowestoft or the college and even doctors' surgeries and seen large plasma screen televisions showing a wide variety of community based messages.
ONE of the projects which the Community Safety Partnership is involved in is Waveney Partnership TV.
Local residents may have sat in cafés within Lowestoft or the college and even doctors' surgeries and seen large plasma screen televisions showing a wide variety of community based messages.
Some of these also highlight clips have been filmed in Lowestoft itself.
Waveney Partnership TV was set up just over a year ago, with the intention of keeping people informed of issues that were important to them and to raise awareness of things going on in the Waveney area.
You may also want to watch:
The content of the screens cover a wide range of subjects including crime, health issues and fire safety messages. It also looks at some of the positive activities that have been going on and this is where the local filming comes in.
Four times a year a film crew arrives in Lowestoft to produce a short video that will then appear on the TV screens. Projects that have been covered so far have included Whitton Life youth project, Shop Mobility, Lowestoft Together and Safer Neighbourhood Teams, but there have been lots of others.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
Did you know you can also advertise your local event on Waveney Partnership TV?
One of the reasons for setting up the TV project was to allow groups to get their own messages across, so if you are organising an event or want people to know what your community group does then get in touch.
For more information e-mail WaveneyPartnershipTV@suffolk.pnn.police.uk