Swooping success for amateur photographer in weekly picture competition
- Credit: Archant
This picture of a vulture flying into shot has landed a keen amateur photographer our weekly prize for the third time.
Hayley King said it was 'absolutely incredible' to win our competition and that she was 'over the moon' she entered the picture after some encouragement from her brother.
'Me and my brother were on a touring holiday in November which allowed us to visit Peru, Chile, Argentina and Brazil,' said Miss King.
'The picture is of a black vulture flying in front of the waterfalls at Iguazu Falls on the Brazil/Argentina border.
'My brother really liked the picture and said: 'If you don't enter it, then I will enter it for you.'
You may also want to watch:
'I think it will grow on me now.'
Miss King currently lives in Cambridge and works at Addenbrooke's Hospital.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
But she was born and raised in Pakefield, and regularly returns home to visit her family.
She captured the image on her Canon camera and also visited places including Rio De Janiero and Machu Picchu on her expedition.
'It was a bit of a surprise to catch the vulture in the picture but it is absolutely incredible that I have won,' she added.
'I am over the moon with the image.'
As our winner, Miss King receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, she is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be digital images submitted by amateur photographers.
? Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Picture of the Week in the subject box.