Takeaway driver robbed
A TAKEAWAY delivery driver was robbed and assaulted by two men who stole cash and his mobile phone in Lowestoft.The 29-year-old driver had gone to an address in Britten Road to make a delivery, at about 10.
A TAKEAWAY delivery driver was robbed and assaulted by two men who stole cash and his mobile phone in Lowestoft.
The 29-year-old driver had gone to an address in Britten Road to make a delivery, at about 10.50pm on Saturday, only to find the householder had not placed an order. He returned to his vehicle, but as he sat in his car with the door open, trying to check where the food was to be delivered to, two men approached him.
One assaulted him and demanded cash. Coins and a mobile phone were then stolen before the men ran off.
The victim sustained two large bumps to his head and was treated at the scene by paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
Police need to trace the two men, both of whom were white, in their late teens to mid 20s, about 5ft 9ins tall. One was of stocky build and wearing a dark blue hooded top with the hood up. The other was of medium build, wearing a black hooded top, also with the hood up.
If you can help, ring Det Con 1451 Drake at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 4 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 5 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 6 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 7 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 8 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 9 Coastal Post Office branch to close for four weeks
- 10 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing