Takeaway driver robbed
A TAKEAWAY delivery driver was robbed and assaulted by two men who stole cash and his mobile phone in Lowestoft.The 29-year-old driver had gone to an address in Britten Road to make a delivery, at about 10.
A TAKEAWAY delivery driver was robbed and assaulted by two men who stole cash and his mobile phone in Lowestoft.
The 29-year-old driver had gone to an address in Britten Road to make a delivery, at about 10.50pm on Saturday, only to find the householder had not placed an order. He returned to his vehicle, but as he sat in his car with the door open, trying to check where the food was to be delivered to, two men approached him.
One assaulted him and demanded cash. Coins and a mobile phone were then stolen before the men ran off.
The victim sustained two large bumps to his head and was treated at the scene by paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
Police need to trace the two men, both of whom were white, in their late teens to mid 20s, about 5ft 9ins tall. One was of stocky build and wearing a dark blue hooded top with the hood up. The other was of medium build, wearing a black hooded top, also with the hood up.
If you can help, ring Det Con 1451 Drake at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open