Tasty cakes are baked to boost popular annual event
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft-area primary school was celebrating after raising funds for charity during a successful annual event.
Creative parents and pupils at Blundeston CEVC Primary School came up with some tasty treats as cakes were baked and funds were raised – with staff 'overwhelmed' with the support given at this year's Macmillan cake sale.
The annual event at the school in Church Road raised more than £340 for the charity, which will help those facing cancer.
Head teacher Kate Schonhut said: 'There were some delicious creations made by children and parents, and we are always overwhelmed by the support given to this annual event.
'Our thanks go out to everyone who baked and attended'.
You may also want to watch:
? Have you got a story for our Schoolzone education pages? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820, or email your words and photos to Mark Boggis, via email@example.com
- 1 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 9 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft