Cadets secure silver medals in prestigious competition
- Credit: Archant
There was silver success for a team of cadets as they competed in an annual contest.
Team Suffolk took part in the East of England Combat Cadet 2018, a prestigious competition that sees cadets from the region congregate at the Stanta training area in Norfolk and battle it out over a 48-hour period.
With teams having prepared at Bodney camp on Friday, March 30, they spent the ensuing weekend conducting various field craft exercises at the facility's mock village, including first aid, patrolling, leadership and team building.
The cadet training team from the 7th infantry Brigade scored the teams as they completed each task, before the grand finale on Sunday where the competitors conducted building clearances.
B Company Cadets from Lowestoft, Bungay and Beccles provided the muscle for Team Suffolk to secure silver medals
You may also want to watch:
Team Suffolk would like to thank all the cadets who attended, Sgt Major Carl Sheenan and Sgt John Tillotson.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft