Teddy bears to take flight at popular fete
- Credit: Archant
Brave teddy bears will take a leap of faith off the top of Pakefield Church tower at the weekend.
The bears will be descending from the skies as part of the church's summer fete, which starts from 2pm on Saturday, June 30.
With all funds raised to aid the repair of the thatched roof of Pakefield's clifftop Church, the highlight of the popular annual event will be 'the descent of teddies.'
A spokesman for the organisers said: 'With the added thrill of coastal breezes, teddies will have the option of parachuting from the tower or, if it is too windy, a thrilling zip wire descent will be available.'
The fete will also feature a range of stalls, sideshows – including smashing china – the popular bottle stall, delicious refreshments, cakes to purchase, a bouncy castle and grand raffle adding to an afternoon of enjoyment for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
'There is something for all the family to enjoy in this wonderful location,' the spokesman added.
- 1 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days