Teddy bears to take flight at popular fete
- Credit: Archant
Brave teddy bears will take a leap of faith off the top of Pakefield Church tower at the weekend.
The bears will be descending from the skies as part of the church's summer fete, which starts from 2pm on Saturday, June 30.
With all funds raised to aid the repair of the thatched roof of Pakefield's clifftop Church, the highlight of the popular annual event will be 'the descent of teddies.'
A spokesman for the organisers said: 'With the added thrill of coastal breezes, teddies will have the option of parachuting from the tower or, if it is too windy, a thrilling zip wire descent will be available.'
The fete will also feature a range of stalls, sideshows – including smashing china – the popular bottle stall, delicious refreshments, cakes to purchase, a bouncy castle and grand raffle adding to an afternoon of enjoyment for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
'There is something for all the family to enjoy in this wonderful location,' the spokesman added.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 9 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown