Santa meets teddies at Church Centre
- Credit: Archant
A party where teddy bears had a chance to meet Father Christmas has been successfully held at a local church centre.
Toddlers from St Margaret's 'Church Mice' group and older children from the 'Smash' youth club gathered at the Church Centre in Hollingsworth Road, Lowestoft at the weekend to introduce their favourite soft toy to Santa.
Organiser Helen Bradbury said: 'This is the second year that we have held the party.
'We hold an event in the summer where children have the opportunity to send their teddies down a zip wire suspended from the church roof – so we thought why not have another in the winter where teddies can meet Father Christmas.'
With 25 youngsters attending the party, each child came away with a gift from Santa for their teddy.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Bradbury added: 'It was great to be able to bring families together and have a bit of fun.'
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 4 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings