Santa meets teddies at Church Centre
- Credit: Archant
A party where teddy bears had a chance to meet Father Christmas has been successfully held at a local church centre.
Toddlers from St Margaret's 'Church Mice' group and older children from the 'Smash' youth club gathered at the Church Centre in Hollingsworth Road, Lowestoft at the weekend to introduce their favourite soft toy to Santa.
Organiser Helen Bradbury said: 'This is the second year that we have held the party.
'We hold an event in the summer where children have the opportunity to send their teddies down a zip wire suspended from the church roof – so we thought why not have another in the winter where teddies can meet Father Christmas.'
With 25 youngsters attending the party, each child came away with a gift from Santa for their teddy.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Bradbury added: 'It was great to be able to bring families together and have a bit of fun.'
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 9 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park