Teen denies initiating sexual contact
A TEENAGE girl who has claimed she was raped in a flat in Lowestoft has denied that she initiated sexual contact with her alleged attacker.The 17-year-old girl denied removing items of her clothing and refuted a suggestion that she 'hadn't been very pleased' when Mehedi Ali didn't want to take things any further.
A TEENAGE girl who has claimed she was raped in a flat in Lowestoft has denied that she initiated sexual contact with her alleged attacker.
The 17-year-old girl denied removing items of her clothing and refuted a suggestion that she 'hadn't been very pleased' when Mehedi Ali didn't want to take things any further.
Ali, 26, of Pier Terrace, Lowestoft has denied raping the woman in February last year.
It has been alleged that the woman went to Ali's flat with a friend and spent the evening chatting and drinking with Ali and another man.
You may also want to watch:
The woman's friend and the other man at the flat had 'paired off' and Ali had allegedly started to 'make a play' for the alleged rape victim.
He had allegedly put his arm round her but she had got up and moved away, said Matthew Gowen, prosecuting at Ipswich Crown Court.
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 5 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 6 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 7 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 10 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
During the evening the woman had felt unwell and had gone to lie down in a bedroom. Some time later she had woken up to find Ali lying next to her on the bed trying to pull off her shorts.
Ali had left the room but had allegedly returned and the woman awoke to find him trying to touch her indecently. Ali had allegedly pulled down the woman's shorts and had sexual intercourse with her against her will, said Mr Gowen.
The woman had screamed for help and had left the flat with her friend and contacted the police.
Mr Gowen said police officers who went to the flat found Ali in bed fully clothed and pretending to be asleep.
After his arrest he claimed the woman had wanted to have sex with him and had become upset after he rejected her.
Cross-examined by defence counsel Katherine Moore the alleged victim denied that she had falsely accused Ali of raping her.
The trial continues today.