Teen student found dead after party
A "HIGHLY intelligent" teenage student was found dead the morning after attending a birthday party, it emerged today.Leiston High School pupil Makebien Stappard was discovered by his mother on Saturday morning.
A "HIGHLY intelligent" teenage student was found dead the morning after attending a birthday party, it emerged today.
Leiston High School pupil Makebien Stappard was discovered by his mother on Saturday morning.
The 16-year-old had attended an 18th birthday party at the Sizewell Club, in Leiston, on Friday night.
Leiston headteacher Ian Flintoff said today that the news had "left our school community in shock" and paid tribute to the talented sixth form pupil.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Makebien was a bright, sparky and highly intelligent sixth form student. He gained some excellent GCSE results in 2008 and was a gifted linguist.
"He was a very popular young man with a unique take on life and he loved school. He was a complete enthusiast, he became involved in some many aspects of school life and was always willing to take on responsibility and help out.
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 7 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 8 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 9 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
"He will be deeply missed by students and staff alike. I have expressed to his mother the condolences of everyone at the High School who feel the loss of a boy with so much promise and love of life".