Teen student found dead after party
A "HIGHLY intelligent" teenage student was found dead the morning after attending a birthday party, it emerged today.Leiston High School pupil Makebien Stappard was discovered by his mother on Saturday morning.
A "HIGHLY intelligent" teenage student was found dead the morning after attending a birthday party, it emerged today.
Leiston High School pupil Makebien Stappard was discovered by his mother on Saturday morning.
The 16-year-old had attended an 18th birthday party at the Sizewell Club, in Leiston, on Friday night.
Leiston headteacher Ian Flintoff said today that the news had "left our school community in shock" and paid tribute to the talented sixth form pupil.
He said: "Makebien was a bright, sparky and highly intelligent sixth form student. He gained some excellent GCSE results in 2008 and was a gifted linguist.
"He was a very popular young man with a unique take on life and he loved school. He was a complete enthusiast, he became involved in some many aspects of school life and was always willing to take on responsibility and help out.
- 1 Pair running Suffolk cannabis factory worth up to £167k jailed
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 4 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 5 TV and prescription medicine stolen from Lowestoft home
- 6 Plans to redevelop major town centre building to be discussed
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park
- 9 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 10 Man bitten on the nose as he tried to make citizen's arrest
"He will be deeply missed by students and staff alike. I have expressed to his mother the condolences of everyone at the High School who feel the loss of a boy with so much promise and love of life".