Teen student found dead after party
A "HIGHLY intelligent" teenage student was found dead the morning after attending a birthday party, it emerged today.Leiston High School pupil Makebien Stappard was discovered by his mother on Saturday morning.
A "HIGHLY intelligent" teenage student was found dead the morning after attending a birthday party, it emerged today.
Leiston High School pupil Makebien Stappard was discovered by his mother on Saturday morning.
The 16-year-old had attended an 18th birthday party at the Sizewell Club, in Leiston, on Friday night.
Leiston headteacher Ian Flintoff said today that the news had "left our school community in shock" and paid tribute to the talented sixth form pupil.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Makebien was a bright, sparky and highly intelligent sixth form student. He gained some excellent GCSE results in 2008 and was a gifted linguist.
"He was a very popular young man with a unique take on life and he loved school. He was a complete enthusiast, he became involved in some many aspects of school life and was always willing to take on responsibility and help out.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
"He will be deeply missed by students and staff alike. I have expressed to his mother the condolences of everyone at the High School who feel the loss of a boy with so much promise and love of life".