Teen student found dead after party
A "HIGHLY intelligent" teenage student was found dead the morning after attending a birthday party, it emerged today.Leiston High School pupil Makebien Stappard was discovered by his mother on Saturday morning.
A "HIGHLY intelligent" teenage student was found dead the morning after attending a birthday party, it emerged today.
Leiston High School pupil Makebien Stappard was discovered by his mother on Saturday morning.
The 16-year-old had attended an 18th birthday party at the Sizewell Club, in Leiston, on Friday night.
Leiston headteacher Ian Flintoff said today that the news had "left our school community in shock" and paid tribute to the talented sixth form pupil.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Makebien was a bright, sparky and highly intelligent sixth form student. He gained some excellent GCSE results in 2008 and was a gifted linguist.
"He was a very popular young man with a unique take on life and he loved school. He was a complete enthusiast, he became involved in some many aspects of school life and was always willing to take on responsibility and help out.
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 4 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 5 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
"He will be deeply missed by students and staff alike. I have expressed to his mother the condolences of everyone at the High School who feel the loss of a boy with so much promise and love of life".