Teenage death mystery - body identified
THE teenage boy whose body was found at Walberswick has today been identified.Following appeals in The Journal, and on this website, the body has been identified as a 16-year-old boy from the Great Yarmouth area.
THE teenage boy whose body was found at Walberswick has today been identified.
Following appeals in The Journal, and on this website, the body has been identified as a 16-year-old boy from the Great Yarmouth area.
The youngster was found hanging in a wooded area at Walberswick on Thursday, August 14.
And after appeals, a family member attended Lowestoft police station on Friday morning, August 22, to speak to officers.
You may also want to watch:
“Formal identification procedures will be carried out next week and he will not be officially named by police until after this formal identification has occurred,” a police spokesperson said.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and an inquest will be held in due course. This is likely to be opened after the formal identification next week.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school