Teenage opera star to sing with Katherine Jenkins at Sandringham
Opera prodigy Faryl Smith will be performing at Sandringham Estate with Katherine Jenkins this summer, it was announced today.The teenage star will make a special guest appearance at the open air concert in August, which is based on the Last Night at the Proms.
Opera prodigy Faryl Smith will be performing at Sandringham Estate with Katherine Jenkins this summer, it was announced today.
The teenage star will make a special guest appearance at the open air concert in August, which is based on the Last Night at the Proms.
The Britain's Got Talent star shares a manager with the Welsh opera beauty and is said to have been taken under Miss Jenkins' wing since she signed her record deal.
The 13-year-old shot to fame after entering the ITV talent show last year.
You may also want to watch:
She secured one of the largest record deals ever awarded to a school girl as a result of the show and she has since entered the record books as the fastest selling solo debut classical album of all time, entering the charts at number six before moving up two positions a week later.
Miss Smith sang to a packed Twickenham during the Six Nations Rugby tournament earlier this year.
- 1 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 2 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband
- 3 Schoolgirl, 13, makes step up racing ladder ahead of championship
- 4 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 5 Man dies following collision on A12
- 6 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 7 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 8 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 9 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 10 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
The concert at Sandringham has already attracted a great deal of interest and publicists last night said tickets were selling fast.
As part of Sandringham Estate 'Last Night of the Proms', Miss Jenkins and Miss Smith will be supported by the National Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Anthony Inglis.
The concert takes place on August 8. For more information or to book tickets for this open-air event, visit www.ticketeast.co.uk, or call 0871 224 1113.