Teenage opera star to sing with Katherine Jenkins at Sandringham
Opera prodigy Faryl Smith will be performing at Sandringham Estate with Katherine Jenkins this summer, it was announced today.The teenage star will make a special guest appearance at the open air concert in August, which is based on the Last Night at the Proms.
Opera prodigy Faryl Smith will be performing at Sandringham Estate with Katherine Jenkins this summer, it was announced today.
The teenage star will make a special guest appearance at the open air concert in August, which is based on the Last Night at the Proms.
The Britain's Got Talent star shares a manager with the Welsh opera beauty and is said to have been taken under Miss Jenkins' wing since she signed her record deal.
The 13-year-old shot to fame after entering the ITV talent show last year.
She secured one of the largest record deals ever awarded to a school girl as a result of the show and she has since entered the record books as the fastest selling solo debut classical album of all time, entering the charts at number six before moving up two positions a week later.
Miss Smith sang to a packed Twickenham during the Six Nations Rugby tournament earlier this year.
- 1 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 2 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 3 New lease of life for former Lowestoft town centre menswear store
- 4 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 5 Deal struck to acquire major Lowestoft shopping centre
- 6 New car rental development unveiled to 'rejuvenate vacant site'
- 7 Road to be closed as next phase of major flood defence works begin
- 8 Vicious burglars jailed for 25 years for 'utterly terrifying' raid
- 9 Brickwork students enjoy masterclass at development site
- 10 Excited youngsters set to hit the stage for spring pantomime
The concert at Sandringham has already attracted a great deal of interest and publicists last night said tickets were selling fast.
As part of Sandringham Estate 'Last Night of the Proms', Miss Jenkins and Miss Smith will be supported by the National Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Anthony Inglis.
The concert takes place on August 8. For more information or to book tickets for this open-air event, visit www.ticketeast.co.uk, or call 0871 224 1113.