Teenage opera star to sing with Katherine Jenkins at Sandringham
Opera prodigy Faryl Smith will be performing at Sandringham Estate with Katherine Jenkins this summer, it was announced today.The teenage star will make a special guest appearance at the open air concert in August, which is based on the Last Night at the Proms.
Opera prodigy Faryl Smith will be performing at Sandringham Estate with Katherine Jenkins this summer, it was announced today.
The teenage star will make a special guest appearance at the open air concert in August, which is based on the Last Night at the Proms.
The Britain's Got Talent star shares a manager with the Welsh opera beauty and is said to have been taken under Miss Jenkins' wing since she signed her record deal.
The 13-year-old shot to fame after entering the ITV talent show last year.
You may also want to watch:
She secured one of the largest record deals ever awarded to a school girl as a result of the show and she has since entered the record books as the fastest selling solo debut classical album of all time, entering the charts at number six before moving up two positions a week later.
Miss Smith sang to a packed Twickenham during the Six Nations Rugby tournament earlier this year.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings
The concert at Sandringham has already attracted a great deal of interest and publicists last night said tickets were selling fast.
As part of Sandringham Estate 'Last Night of the Proms', Miss Jenkins and Miss Smith will be supported by the National Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Anthony Inglis.
The concert takes place on August 8. For more information or to book tickets for this open-air event, visit www.ticketeast.co.uk, or call 0871 224 1113.