Teenage opera star to sing with Katherine Jenkins at Sandringham
Opera prodigy Faryl Smith will be performing at Sandringham Estate with Katherine Jenkins this summer, it was announced today.The teenage star will make a special guest appearance at the open air concert in August, which is based on the Last Night at the Proms.
Opera prodigy Faryl Smith will be performing at Sandringham Estate with Katherine Jenkins this summer, it was announced today.
The teenage star will make a special guest appearance at the open air concert in August, which is based on the Last Night at the Proms.
The Britain's Got Talent star shares a manager with the Welsh opera beauty and is said to have been taken under Miss Jenkins' wing since she signed her record deal.
The 13-year-old shot to fame after entering the ITV talent show last year.
You may also want to watch:
She secured one of the largest record deals ever awarded to a school girl as a result of the show and she has since entered the record books as the fastest selling solo debut classical album of all time, entering the charts at number six before moving up two positions a week later.
Miss Smith sang to a packed Twickenham during the Six Nations Rugby tournament earlier this year.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 8 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 9 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 10 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
The concert at Sandringham has already attracted a great deal of interest and publicists last night said tickets were selling fast.
As part of Sandringham Estate 'Last Night of the Proms', Miss Jenkins and Miss Smith will be supported by the National Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Anthony Inglis.
The concert takes place on August 8. For more information or to book tickets for this open-air event, visit www.ticketeast.co.uk, or call 0871 224 1113.