Teenager assaulted by gang in Lowestoft
A TEENAGER suffered facial injuries after he was assaulted in Lowestoft.
The 16-year-old boy, who was walking along Broadwaters Road with his girlfriend about 9.10pm last night (Wednesday), was approached by a gang of youths and then assaulted, suffering grazing to his chin.
A large group of men – some on bikes – walked towards the couple, with one making a comment before he ren ran over to them and became aggressive, pushing the 16-year-old around.
The teenager was then assaulted and the rest of the group also became aggressive towards the 16-year-old and his girlfriend. She managed to call police and the group dispersed near Broadwaters Park.
Police need to trace the group and the attacker – described as white, in his late teens, around 5ft 10ins to 5ft 11ins tall, of stocky build, with short dark hair and 'squashed-looking' features who was wearing a black hooded top and grey tracksuit trousers.
You may also want to watch:
• If you saw the incident or have any information about those involved please call PC 1533 Last on 01986 835300.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 7 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Stranded fishing vessel towed to safety by lifeboats