Teenager assaulted by gang in Lowestoft
A TEENAGER suffered facial injuries after he was assaulted in Lowestoft.
The 16-year-old boy, who was walking along Broadwaters Road with his girlfriend about 9.10pm last night (Wednesday), was approached by a gang of youths and then assaulted, suffering grazing to his chin.
A large group of men – some on bikes – walked towards the couple, with one making a comment before he ren ran over to them and became aggressive, pushing the 16-year-old around.
The teenager was then assaulted and the rest of the group also became aggressive towards the 16-year-old and his girlfriend. She managed to call police and the group dispersed near Broadwaters Park.
Police need to trace the group and the attacker – described as white, in his late teens, around 5ft 10ins to 5ft 11ins tall, of stocky build, with short dark hair and 'squashed-looking' features who was wearing a black hooded top and grey tracksuit trousers.
You may also want to watch:
• If you saw the incident or have any information about those involved please call PC 1533 Last on 01986 835300.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
- 10 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response