Teenager assaulted in Lowestoft
A 16-YEAR-OLD girl was assaulted by a man who tried to force her into bushes in the Sparrows Nest Gardens in Lowestoft.Police are seeking witnesses after the attack in the park about 12.
A 16-YEAR-OLD girl was assaulted by a man who tried to force her into bushes in the Sparrows Nest Gardens in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after the attack in the park about 12.20am yesterday (Tuesday, June 9).
The teenager was with a friend - a 15-year-old girl - in the bandstand area when a man spoke to them. A short time later the girls were walking from the bandstand up the steps leading to Yarmouth Road and were near the top when they saw the man again. He approached and grabbed the 16-year-old and tried to force her into bushes there.
The 15-year-old managed to help her friend break free and both girls managed to get away. Police were contacted a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
Officers need to trace the man - who is white in his late teens to 20s, around 5ft 6ins to 5ft 8ins tall, of average build, with dark very short cropped hair and ears that stuck out slightly who was wearing a white top or jacket with thin dark lines making a square or checked pattern and light blue jeans.
He is thought to have been in the area for some time prior to the incident and if you saw him or recognise the description telephone Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 3 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 4 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 5 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 9 Charity behind music festival launches lockdown support group
- 10 Missing man found safe and well