Teenager assaulted in Lowestoft
A 16-YEAR-OLD girl was assaulted by a man who tried to force her into bushes in the Sparrows Nest Gardens in Lowestoft.Police are seeking witnesses after the attack in the park about 12.
A 16-YEAR-OLD girl was assaulted by a man who tried to force her into bushes in the Sparrows Nest Gardens in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after the attack in the park about 12.20am yesterday (Tuesday, June 9).
The teenager was with a friend - a 15-year-old girl - in the bandstand area when a man spoke to them. A short time later the girls were walking from the bandstand up the steps leading to Yarmouth Road and were near the top when they saw the man again. He approached and grabbed the 16-year-old and tried to force her into bushes there.
The 15-year-old managed to help her friend break free and both girls managed to get away. Police were contacted a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
Officers need to trace the man - who is white in his late teens to 20s, around 5ft 6ins to 5ft 8ins tall, of average build, with dark very short cropped hair and ears that stuck out slightly who was wearing a white top or jacket with thin dark lines making a square or checked pattern and light blue jeans.
He is thought to have been in the area for some time prior to the incident and if you saw him or recognise the description telephone Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 2 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 3 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 4 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 5 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 8 Warning after dog swallows baited fishing hook on beach
- 9 All set for reopening at Pleasurewood Hills
- 10 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend