Teenager comes off scooter at Worlingham crash site
A woman has been taken to hospital following a crash just yards from where a car ploughed into a party of school children less than two months ago.
A teenager was taken to hospital today following a crash in Worlingham just yards from where a car ploughed into a party of school children less than two months ago.
A Suffolk police spokesman said the 16-year-old had come off a scooter on Lowestoft Road in a single vehicle incident.
He said the girl was conscious and breathing and had been place on a spinal board before being taken to hospital by ambulance.
An ambulance service spokesman confirmed that the crash happened at just before 11.20am. She said the teenager suffered head injuries in the crash, that took place at the junction with Garden Lane, and was taken to James Paget Hospital in Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
It happened seven weeks ago to the day since eight pupils from Worlingham Middle School who were on a class walkabout were taken to hospital after being hit by a car outside All Saints' Church.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home