Teenager found guilty of raping schoolgirl, 15
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk teenager accused of raping a schoolgirl after tying her up will be sentenced next month after he was unanimously convicted by a jury.
Jason Bailey, of Kirkley Cliff Road, Lowestoft, denied rape and assault on September 9, and appeared at Ipswich Crown Court on January 14.
He was convicted of both offences and will be sentenced next month.
Giving evidence during the trial Bailey claimed he had consensual sex with the 15-year-old girl.
The 18-year-old said that before they had sex there had been play fighting and she had touched his leg.
You may also want to watch:
Things had started to get more sexual between them and another girl in the room had left.
Bailey went to see if she was alright and claimed that when he returned the alleged victim was on his bed in her underwear.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
He denied tying her up or holding a knife to her neck.
The court heard the alleged victim went to the bedsit expecting to see a girl she'd met on Facebook but when she arrived she was let in by Bailey.
He allegedly tied her hands behind her back and put his hands round her neck before raping her.