Teenager found guilty of raping schoolgirl, 15
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk teenager accused of raping a schoolgirl after tying her up will be sentenced next month after he was unanimously convicted by a jury.
Jason Bailey, of Kirkley Cliff Road, Lowestoft, denied rape and assault on September 9, and appeared at Ipswich Crown Court on January 14.
He was convicted of both offences and will be sentenced next month.
Giving evidence during the trial Bailey claimed he had consensual sex with the 15-year-old girl.
The 18-year-old said that before they had sex there had been play fighting and she had touched his leg.
You may also want to watch:
Things had started to get more sexual between them and another girl in the room had left.
Bailey went to see if she was alright and claimed that when he returned the alleged victim was on his bed in her underwear.
- 1 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 2 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 8 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 9 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
He denied tying her up or holding a knife to her neck.
The court heard the alleged victim went to the bedsit expecting to see a girl she'd met on Facebook but when she arrived she was let in by Bailey.
He allegedly tied her hands behind her back and put his hands round her neck before raping her.