Teenager robbed and assaulted in Lowestoft
A TEENAGE boy was robbed and assaulted as he walked home in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after an 18-year-old man was robbed of his mobile phone and food items in Stanley Street about 10pm to 10.15pm last night, (Sunday, February 13).
The 18-year-old was heading home with a blue carrier bag containing crisps and biscuits, and was on the phone to a friend while walking close to Raglan Street, when two men came around the corner from Bevan Street West.
The two then approached him and demanded he get off the phone and hand over cash. The phone was then taken from the teenager and he was pushed against a wall. He was then assaulted by one of the men and the carrier bag was snatched from him. The two then ran off down Stanley Street towards Summer Road.
The 18-year-old suffered a small cut near his eye and bruising to his face in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police need to trace the two robbers both described as white and in their 20s to 30s. One had redness to his face, was around 5ft 11ins tall, and was wearing a white woolly hat and a black jacket, the other was slightly shorter at around 5ft 6ins to 5ft 7ins tall, had short mousey blond hair, was unshaven around the mouth and chin in a short goatee style and also wore a black jacket.
• Anyone who saw the two in the area, or the incident itself, or who has any information about who the offenders are should call DC 1087 Pybus at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'