Teenager warned he is in ‘last chance saloon’ over probation report
- Credit: Archant
A teenager accused of aggravated vehicle taking has been given 'one last chance' to have a pre-sentence report prepared on him by the probation service before he is sentenced next month.
Tyler Ezobi, 18, of Sands Lane, Oulton, has failed to attend two appointments with the probation service and blamed ill-health and a family row for his non-attendance, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Ezobi has admitted aggravated vehicle taking, driving without insurance and driving without a licence and was due to have been sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday.
However his barrister, Daniel Taylor, urged the court to give his client one last chance to have a report prepared on him because of concerns about underlying mental health issues.
He said a sentence of immediate custody would have a negative effect on Ezobi's mental health and it was also important to explore why he had behaved the way he did on the day he committed the offences.
You may also want to watch:
Recorder Jonathan Ashley-Norman agreed to adjourn the case but warned Ezobi it was 'last chance saloon.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home