Teenager warned he is in ‘last chance saloon’ over probation report
- Credit: Archant
A teenager accused of aggravated vehicle taking has been given 'one last chance' to have a pre-sentence report prepared on him by the probation service before he is sentenced next month.
Tyler Ezobi, 18, of Sands Lane, Oulton, has failed to attend two appointments with the probation service and blamed ill-health and a family row for his non-attendance, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Ezobi has admitted aggravated vehicle taking, driving without insurance and driving without a licence and was due to have been sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday.
However his barrister, Daniel Taylor, urged the court to give his client one last chance to have a report prepared on him because of concerns about underlying mental health issues.
He said a sentence of immediate custody would have a negative effect on Ezobi's mental health and it was also important to explore why he had behaved the way he did on the day he committed the offences.
You may also want to watch:
Recorder Jonathan Ashley-Norman agreed to adjourn the case but warned Ezobi it was 'last chance saloon.'
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'