Television date for hall visit
COLLECTIBLES and family heirlooms from across Norfolk and Suffolk will be showcased on television next month.The Antiques Roadshow which was filmed at Somerleyton Hall in the autumn will be shown on BBC One on Sunday March 7.
COLLECTIBLES and family heirlooms from across Norfolk and Suffolk will be showcased on television next month.
The Antiques Roadshow which was filmed at Somerleyton Hall in the autumn will be shown on BBC One on Sunday March 7.
The show, which is the first of two programmes made from footage filmed at the estate, includes a rare and valuable glass vase, items recovered from the crashed place that brought Rudolf Hess to Scotland in the second world war and a fedora worn by Michael Jackson on his Thriller tour.
The Hon Hugh Crossley, son of Lord and Lady Somerleyton, said that he and his wife Lara are looking forward to tuning in.
He said: 'Lara and I very much enjoyed hosting the entire Antiques Roadshow crew and were lucky enough to learn a great deal from the experts too.
'We were thrilled with the turn out which was good enough to make two shows and we are very much looking forward to seeing the first show.'
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' - Warning issued after cliff fall
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Lowestoft's £24.9 million funding for regeneration projects approved
- 4 Three-bed flat on Lowestoft beach with sea views on sale for £400k
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 7 Southwold woman saved cyclist's life after crashing into river
- 8 Bank holiday beer festival to take place at seafront pavilion
- 9 Comedian Andy Parsons to perform at two coastal towns in the same night
- 10 Artistes from around the world captivate crowds during 'epic' show
It is estimated that about 2,000 people took their antiques to Somerleyton Hall to be valued by the show's antiques experts in September last year.
The Antiques Roadshow at Somerleyton Hall is on BBC One on Sunday March 7 at 7pm.