Television date for hall visit
COLLECTIBLES and family heirlooms from across Norfolk and Suffolk will be showcased on television next month.The Antiques Roadshow which was filmed at Somerleyton Hall in the autumn will be shown on BBC One on Sunday March 7.
COLLECTIBLES and family heirlooms from across Norfolk and Suffolk will be showcased on television next month.
The Antiques Roadshow which was filmed at Somerleyton Hall in the autumn will be shown on BBC One on Sunday March 7.
The show, which is the first of two programmes made from footage filmed at the estate, includes a rare and valuable glass vase, items recovered from the crashed place that brought Rudolf Hess to Scotland in the second world war and a fedora worn by Michael Jackson on his Thriller tour.
The Hon Hugh Crossley, son of Lord and Lady Somerleyton, said that he and his wife Lara are looking forward to tuning in.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Lara and I very much enjoyed hosting the entire Antiques Roadshow crew and were lucky enough to learn a great deal from the experts too.
'We were thrilled with the turn out which was good enough to make two shows and we are very much looking forward to seeing the first show.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault
It is estimated that about 2,000 people took their antiques to Somerleyton Hall to be valued by the show's antiques experts in September last year.
The Antiques Roadshow at Somerleyton Hall is on BBC One on Sunday March 7 at 7pm.