Temporary relocation for Waveney District Council’s customer service team
- Credit: Archant
Waveney District Council's Customer Services Centre will be temporarily relocating next month as part of ongoing improvements.
From Monday, June 22, the team will be located at St Margaret's House in Gordon Road, Lowestoft to allow the refurbishment of the Marina Centre.
It is part of a joint accommodation programme between Waveney District and Suffolk County Councils and once complete, the new facility will serve as a 'one stop shop'; offering customers access to more district and county council services in one central location.
Cllr Frank Mortimer, Waveney's Cabinet Member for Customers and Communities said: 'The refurbished Marina Centre will re-open later in the year and will allow customers to easily access council services in a more convenient way. This will include services offered by Waveney and some services offered by Suffolk County Council.
'The temporary relocation to St Margaret's House ensures that customer services will remain in the heart of the town whilst the refurbishment gets underway at the Marina Centre and we look forward to receiving customers at the new facility towards the end of this year.'
You may also want to watch:
The accommodation programme also includes moving administrative staff in to new purpose-built offices south of Lake Lothing, known as Riverside. Waveney and Suffolk County Council staff, from a number of different sites around the town, have this week begun occupying the new building,
Riverside does not have customer services facilities on site and therefore all customers should continue to contact the Customer Services Centre with any enquiries.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
- 10 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
As part of the refurbishment process, the Customer Services Team is no longer able to accept cash payments. Customers who currently make cash payments, should use alternative payment methods including Direct Debit, online payments at www.waveney.gov.uk/payments or by using the automated payment line on 0845 835 0137.
Council Tax and Housing Rent payments can also be made at Post Offices or Payzone outlets, using a payment card. The Customer Services Team is available to advise customers on the different payment options available.
Further details regarding the move and alternative payment options can be found at www.waveney.gov.uk/wearemoving.
To contact Customer Services, call 01502 562111 or email email@example.com.