Former Beirut hostage Terry Waite to join chamber choir for special Spring concert
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHI
A former Beirut hostage will join forces with a popular chamber choir to deliver a special Spring concert later this year.
Terry Waite CBE will join Renaissance for 'An East Anglian Solitude' at Blythburgh Church, in Halesworth, on Saturday, April 28.
Mr Waite is scheduled to perform readings while the choir accompany him with a selection of 16th century choral music.
A spokesman for the event said: 'The music featured is composed by some of the greatest names of the English renaissance period and has connections with East Anglia.
'The evening will include an extract from 'Songs of Solitude', written by Terry Waite and the Renaissance choir's director William Drew Batty.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Waite will be available to chat and sign copies of his book 'Solitude' at the end of the performance.
Tickets cost £12 and are available at Halesworth Bookshop, Southwold Books and Wenhaston Post Office from the end of March.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 3 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 4 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 5 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 6 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings