Former Beirut hostage Terry Waite to join chamber choir for special Spring concert
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHI
A former Beirut hostage will join forces with a popular chamber choir to deliver a special Spring concert later this year.
Terry Waite CBE will join Renaissance for 'An East Anglian Solitude' at Blythburgh Church, in Halesworth, on Saturday, April 28.
Mr Waite is scheduled to perform readings while the choir accompany him with a selection of 16th century choral music.
A spokesman for the event said: 'The music featured is composed by some of the greatest names of the English renaissance period and has connections with East Anglia.
'The evening will include an extract from 'Songs of Solitude', written by Terry Waite and the Renaissance choir's director William Drew Batty.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Waite will be available to chat and sign copies of his book 'Solitude' at the end of the performance.
Tickets cost £12 and are available at Halesworth Bookshop, Southwold Books and Wenhaston Post Office from the end of March.
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 3 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 4 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 5 Your Lowestoft Journal has a new community editor
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 8 Firefighters set to cycle length of UK raising mental health awareness
- 9 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries