The force is with coffee shop in Lowestoft on first anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Star Wars characters helped a Lowestoft town centre coffee shop to celebrate its first anniversary.
A Tie Fighter Pilot and a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter from the famous film series put in special guest appearances at Coffee Heart, in London Road North, to help celebrate its first year in business.
'We had two stormtroopers when we opened, so it is nice to have the characters back,' said owner Bob Cowan. 'It ties in with us doing the retro toys and I think everyone likes a bit of Star Wars.'
While the characters posed for photos in the shop and town centre, they also gave out fliers encouraging people to join in the celebrations.
Mr Cowan said: 'It only seems like it was a couple of months ago – but it has been really good and we are really fortunate that people have supported us.'
You may also want to watch:
After turning a popular former photo studio into a modern coffee shop, Coffee Heart was designed to create a fun and relaxing environment in which customers can expect a range of quality refreshments with a twist.
Mr Cowan said: 'We have lots of interest in the toys showcased at the front of the shop, so we decided to start selling them as well.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
'We have changed the menus several times and it is ever-evolving.
'We were the first shop in town to do bubble tea, and we provide a whole range of milkshakes – including blue milkshakes and Oreo – and for us it is just trying to give a slightly different experience.
'As we come into the summer we are trying to do little events like this.
'Our next big event is at Hallowe'en, with Hallowe'en fun planned in the shop, and we will be holding a clairvoyant evening as well.
'It is nice to see our customers come back, and as there are some new, really nice businesses down this end of the town we would encourage more people to come down here and take a look.'
Have you got a Lowestoft story? Email email@example.com