The happiest days of their lives?
WITH arms crossed, lips pouted and all wrapped up in coats, these children don't look the happiest to have ever been caught on camera.But there were plenty of fond memories for Iris Richardson, nee Lacey, when she recently rediscovered her old school photograph.
WITH arms crossed, lips pouted and all wrapped up in coats, these children don't look the happiest to have ever been caught on camera.
But there were plenty of fond memories for Iris Richardson, nee Lacey, when she recently rediscovered her old school photograph.
Mrs Richardson, now of Penzance, uncovered the photo a month ago when she was sorting through some of her belongings.
She could remember a lot of names from Church Road School, but could not put them to any of the faces. So when she recently visited her cousins in Lowestoft, she decided to bring the picture into The Journal's offices.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Richardson, 70, is hoping that local readers might be able to help her by naming some of the children from 1946-7. She is particularly keen to hear from her old friend Janet 'Polly' Oldman.
Iris was born in Lowestoft and attended Church Road School and Harris school for girls, before working in the office at LBS Engineering. However, she moved to Penzance with her family when her father got a fishing job there.
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 4 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 5 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 6 Investigations continue after drugs seized during raid
- 7 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
- 8 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 9 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 10 Man dies following collision on A12
'We went a week before I was 18 years old. I was devastated to leave everyone behind, but that was what you did in those days, you went with your family,' she said.
In the picture Iris is standing fifth from the left on the back row. If you can help identify any of the others, contact email@example.com or call 01502 525834.