The happiest days of their lives?
WITH arms crossed, lips pouted and all wrapped up in coats, these children don't look the happiest to have ever been caught on camera.But there were plenty of fond memories for Iris Richardson, nee Lacey, when she recently rediscovered her old school photograph.
WITH arms crossed, lips pouted and all wrapped up in coats, these children don't look the happiest to have ever been caught on camera.
But there were plenty of fond memories for Iris Richardson, nee Lacey, when she recently rediscovered her old school photograph.
Mrs Richardson, now of Penzance, uncovered the photo a month ago when she was sorting through some of her belongings.
She could remember a lot of names from Church Road School, but could not put them to any of the faces. So when she recently visited her cousins in Lowestoft, she decided to bring the picture into The Journal's offices.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Richardson, 70, is hoping that local readers might be able to help her by naming some of the children from 1946-7. She is particularly keen to hear from her old friend Janet 'Polly' Oldman.
Iris was born in Lowestoft and attended Church Road School and Harris school for girls, before working in the office at LBS Engineering. However, she moved to Penzance with her family when her father got a fishing job there.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 7 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Stranded fishing vessel towed to safety by lifeboats
'We went a week before I was 18 years old. I was devastated to leave everyone behind, but that was what you did in those days, you went with your family,' she said.
In the picture Iris is standing fifth from the left on the back row. If you can help identify any of the others, contact email@example.com or call 01502 525834.