The Journal’s Picture of the Week captures beauty of ‘old Lowestoft’
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite photo of a rotting ship at Oulton Broad Yacht Station was taken by 66-year-old Mike Pearson.
Mr Pearson, of Kingswood Avenue, Carlton Colville, used his Nikon 7100 to capture the shot.
He said: 'This was actually taken two years ago, you can't see the boat anymore as they have put up fencing.
'Like all amateur photographers I walk around with a camera hoping to find unusual pictures.
'I think it captures a little bit of the old Lowestoft, particularly my past down there.
You may also want to watch:
'I've lived here all my life and have always walked past the boat as that was the route I used.'
As our winner, Mr Pearson receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 8 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 9 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com