The Journal’s Picture of the Week captures beauty of ‘old Lowestoft’
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite photo of a rotting ship at Oulton Broad Yacht Station was taken by 66-year-old Mike Pearson.
Mr Pearson, of Kingswood Avenue, Carlton Colville, used his Nikon 7100 to capture the shot.
He said: 'This was actually taken two years ago, you can't see the boat anymore as they have put up fencing.
'Like all amateur photographers I walk around with a camera hoping to find unusual pictures.
'I think it captures a little bit of the old Lowestoft, particularly my past down there.
You may also want to watch:
'I've lived here all my life and have always walked past the boat as that was the route I used.'
As our winner, Mr Pearson receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com