the NHS has served me well
MANY seem content to criticise the NHS in general and the James Paget University Hospital in particular.My recent experience has been one of superb service, dedicated staff and total co-ordination.
MANY seem content to criticise the NHS in general and the James Paget University Hospital in particular.
My recent experience has been one of superb service, dedicated staff and total co-ordination.
At the end of July I visited the High Street surgery with a problem.
After examination I was referred for a blood test which was taken within two hours at the James Paget. Within a working day I was notified a problem existed. My doctor referred me to the urology department at the hospital where I was examined again superbly and efficiently.
Within a few days I was referred to the endoscopy suite for further examination, as usual, efficiently carried out with a smile.
In between all this I was referred to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for a bone scan, plus a visit to the A& E department at the James Paget.
- 1 Warning as RNLI crew called out to sandbank to rescue paddleboarders
- 2 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 3 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 4 Firefighters plea to not use sky lanterns as one lands near large field
- 5 Amazing pictures of the impact of heatwave captured from microlight
- 6 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 7 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Best-selling author Ann Cleeves to star at 'extra special' event
- 9 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 10 7 reasons why Suffolk is the best county in the UK
Unfortunately I was diagnosed with the dreaded Big C with the utmost care and my treatment has commenced immediately.
I have been given every chance thanks to the NHS, the hospital and the High Street surgery.
Can I thank Dr Davis, at the surgery, and Dr Girling and Angie Fenn at the hospital.
I am grateful for the chance that I have been given by you all.