The Parkinsons Project
Drummer Gary Woods, who has Parkinsons, suggested we got the old band together to do a charity gig. That was in June 2008 and after a number of calls, we soon had a band together.
Artist Name: The Parkinsons Project
Genre: Soul / Blues / Rock
Covers or Originals: Covers
You may also want to watch:
Who's in the band?
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 5 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 6 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 7 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
Gary Woods - Drums
Derek Overy - Guitar
Jake Jacobs - Guitar
Lee Jacobs - Bass and vocals
Andy Robinson - Keyboards
Roger James - Vocals
Penny Clark - Vocals
Mark Anthony - Vocals and percussion
John Tuttle - Tenor Sax
Barry Fogg - Tenor Sax
Graham Brown - Alto Sax
Dave Norton - Tenor/Baritone Sax
Paul Cornish - Trumpet
Shaun Byrne - Trombone
When and how did it all start?
It all started when former members of the 60s band Soul Reaction met together in the pub. Drummer Gary Woods, who has Parkinsons, suggested we got the old band together to do a charity gig. That was in June 2008 and after a number of calls, we soon had a band together.
How did your first gig go?
The first gig went brilliantly. It was held at Corton Hut on September 21. The crowd loved it and the band had a ball. It was just great playing together with such a bunch of top musicians. In the last set we had 15 musicians on stage at one time. In total we raised �1,605 for charity.
Who is your biggest influence?
Dave - As there are so many in the band this is a hard one, but for me personally it has to be Stax label artists,
What's your favourite song to perform?
Dave - My personal one is Unchain My Heart - with all the brass it sounds great.
Have you recorded an album?
Yes we've just finished it and it will be on sale at our next gig. It is a really good mix of rock and roll, rock ballad and soul. There's something for everyone. A particular favourite track of mine is our version of All The Young Dudes, with Roger James, from The Buster James Band, on vocals.
When is your next gig?
We are performing next at the Corton Hut on April 26. It starts at 4pm and will include performances from Big Red Boat, El Gatos Men and Steemy Dan. We will be headlining, featuring Roger Hames, Penny Clark and Mark Anthony.
Every penny made on the night and from the CD will go the Parksinsons.
What are your hopes for the future?
We hope to do many more gigs for charity and just enjoy playing together.
Your band summed up in three words: Big, Soulful, Quality.
If you are a local band or singer-songwriter and want to be profiled in Sounds of the East Coast, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 525834.