The Range ‘hopes to open’ Lowestoft store
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Range has confirmed it is hoping to open a Lowestoft store, amid speculation it has pulled out of the new Gateway Retail Park.
The home, leisure and garden retailer was among the national chains previously confirmed to be part of the development in south Lowestoft, scheduled to open on the site of the former Zephyr Cams factory.
Several further retailers including a drive-through Costa, Aldi, Card Factory, Greggs and Subway are also set to move in.
Work on the multi-million pound park is in full swing and the new park, off Tower Road, is due to open in the coming months once necessary roadworks have been completed.
But doubts have arisen about The Range's involvement, with rumours circulating it has pulled out of the project.
You may also want to watch:
However, a spokesman for The Range said: 'I can confirm that we are hoping to open a new store in Lowestoft later in the year. This will be part of the Gateway scheme.'
- 1 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 2 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 6 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 7 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son