The Range ‘hopes to open’ Lowestoft store
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Range has confirmed it is hoping to open a Lowestoft store, amid speculation it has pulled out of the new Gateway Retail Park.
The home, leisure and garden retailer was among the national chains previously confirmed to be part of the development in south Lowestoft, scheduled to open on the site of the former Zephyr Cams factory.
Several further retailers including a drive-through Costa, Aldi, Card Factory, Greggs and Subway are also set to move in.
Work on the multi-million pound park is in full swing and the new park, off Tower Road, is due to open in the coming months once necessary roadworks have been completed.
But doubts have arisen about The Range's involvement, with rumours circulating it has pulled out of the project.
You may also want to watch:
However, a spokesman for The Range said: 'I can confirm that we are hoping to open a new store in Lowestoft later in the year. This will be part of the Gateway scheme.'
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 5 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 6 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties