The show set to go on for these teens
A GROUP of teenagers have set up their own theatre company - and now they're seeking a cast and production team for their first show.The B&B Theatre Company has been formed by five ex-students from Benjamin Britten High School in Lowestoft who wanted to continue to develop their skills after leaving school and work together with other young people from across Waveney.
A GROUP of teenagers have set up their own theatre company - and now they're seeking a cast and production team for their first show.
The B&B Theatre Company has been formed by five ex-students from Benjamin Britten High School in Lowestoft who wanted to continue to develop their skills after leaving school and work together with other young people from across Waveney.
Sixteen-year-olds Stephanie Bailey, of Lowestoft, Stephany Barrett, of Blundeston, Andrew Groom and Ryan Holt, of Corton, and Joe Peek, of Oulton, were all keen to provide a welcoming environment that would encourage other performing arts enthusiasts their own age to get involved.
With help from Suffolk County Council's Youth and Connexions Service, B&B was born - and plans are now being drawn up for productions that explore all aspects of stage performance and design, from acting, singing and dancing to sets, sound and lighting.The company is already preparing to put on its first production - the musical Oliver! - which will be staged at Beccles Public Hall in late March 2011.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Holt, who was a finalist in the Journal's Pride in the Community Award this year, said project offered a chance for local teenagers to showcase their talents.
He said: 'It's wonderful to be able to show that there are young people in the community that are putting their skills to practice, to help and benefit others.'
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
Those involved in setting up the group were grateful to the county's Youth and Connexions for its help, and to Sharmaine Pullman, Margaret and Michael Mills and Bob McNiel Watson who had all been very supportive, he added.
Auditions and rehearsals for Oliver! will be held at Stella Maris Hall, in Gordon Road, Lowestoft (next to Our Lady Star of the Sea' Church). The auditions take place on Monday, September 27 and Monday, October 1, from 5pm to 8pm.
For more information, call 01502-564253 or visit: www.thebandbtheatrecompany.co.uk