Themed celebrations look back at 90 years in Corton
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A church warden has described how a three-day bonanza of themed entertainment in Corton proved to be 'unforgettable' for everyone involved.
St Bartholomew's Church, on Church Lane, hosted an array of community events to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday.
After a musical concert, featuring The Coastline Singers and the Oulton Broads, was held in the church on Friday, June 10 – attention soon turned to an exhibition entitled '90 Years of Corton Life'.
Visitors took a step back in time to view a number of historic photographs and images of couples who have been married in the church during that time.
On Sunday, June 12, the entertainment concluded with a 1920s themed tea party and music from a jazz band named the Gershwin Gang.
You may also want to watch:
A celebration cake was cut on the Sunday by the mother of Rev Roger Key – 104 year old Muriel – along with a lady named Alice Inkpen, who was 90 just two days after the Queen.
'It was just a totally unforgettable weekend,' said church warden Wendy Rodgers.
- 1 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 2 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 4 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 5 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 6 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 8 Wartime evacuees set to reunite in Lowestoft
- 9 Joy as supported living service retains 'good' CQC inspection result
- 10 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
'We had a steady stream of visitors on the Saturday to view the exhibition and everybody really enjoyed the happy and joyous occasion.
'But the band on Sunday was the best thing I have ever seen in the church.'
Are you organising a community event in Lowestoft? Email email@example.com