Thieves target vet surgeries in Waveney
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Waveney following a spate of thefts and attempted thefts from veterinary surgeries.Witnesses and information is being sought after surgeries in the Lowestoft and Bungay areas were targeted in recent days.
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Waveney following a spate of thefts and attempted thefts from veterinary surgeries.
Witnesses and information is being sought after surgeries in the Lowestoft and Bungay areas were targeted in recent days.
In one of the most recent incidents, between 7.30pm on Tuesday (27) and 8.30am on Wednesday (28), someone broke into a shed at premises in Lowestoft Road to gain access to an area where compressed gas cylinders were stored. On this occasion nothing was stolen.
This instance follows a number of recent thefts and attempts to steal bottles of nitrous oxide gas from premises. While only a limited number of sites store this gas at least three in the Waveney area have been targeted since Saturday, October 24.
'Police are stepping up patrols and are urging premises storing the gas to take additional security measures,' a police spokesman said.
Information should be directed to Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 2 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 3 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 4 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 5 Lowestoft man died after paramedics mistakenly told he had taken heroin
- 6 'You're not Steve McQueen' - Vehicles reported for anti-social driving
- 7 ‘Accessible to everyone:' Special party highlights new beach huts
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 9 5 cheap and free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Teenager arrested after girl assaulted during robbery