Thieves target vet surgeries in Waveney
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Waveney following a spate of thefts and attempted thefts from veterinary surgeries.Witnesses and information is being sought after surgeries in the Lowestoft and Bungay areas were targeted in recent days.
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Waveney following a spate of thefts and attempted thefts from veterinary surgeries.
Witnesses and information is being sought after surgeries in the Lowestoft and Bungay areas were targeted in recent days.
In one of the most recent incidents, between 7.30pm on Tuesday (27) and 8.30am on Wednesday (28), someone broke into a shed at premises in Lowestoft Road to gain access to an area where compressed gas cylinders were stored. On this occasion nothing was stolen.
This instance follows a number of recent thefts and attempts to steal bottles of nitrous oxide gas from premises. While only a limited number of sites store this gas at least three in the Waveney area have been targeted since Saturday, October 24.
You may also want to watch:
'Police are stepping up patrols and are urging premises storing the gas to take additional security measures,' a police spokesman said.
Information should be directed to Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 3 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 4 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 5 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 6 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 7 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 8 'We didn't get fair hearing' - Care group's anger at new home refusal
- 9 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 10 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband