Thieves target vet surgeries in Waveney
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Waveney following a spate of thefts and attempted thefts from veterinary surgeries.Witnesses and information is being sought after surgeries in the Lowestoft and Bungay areas were targeted in recent days.
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Waveney following a spate of thefts and attempted thefts from veterinary surgeries.
Witnesses and information is being sought after surgeries in the Lowestoft and Bungay areas were targeted in recent days.
In one of the most recent incidents, between 7.30pm on Tuesday (27) and 8.30am on Wednesday (28), someone broke into a shed at premises in Lowestoft Road to gain access to an area where compressed gas cylinders were stored. On this occasion nothing was stolen.
This instance follows a number of recent thefts and attempts to steal bottles of nitrous oxide gas from premises. While only a limited number of sites store this gas at least three in the Waveney area have been targeted since Saturday, October 24.
You may also want to watch:
'Police are stepping up patrols and are urging premises storing the gas to take additional security measures,' a police spokesman said.
Information should be directed to Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 5 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 8 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 9 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 10 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover