Thieves target vet surgeries in Waveney
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Waveney following a spate of thefts and attempted thefts from veterinary surgeries.Witnesses and information is being sought after surgeries in the Lowestoft and Bungay areas were targeted in recent days.
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Waveney following a spate of thefts and attempted thefts from veterinary surgeries.
Witnesses and information is being sought after surgeries in the Lowestoft and Bungay areas were targeted in recent days.
In one of the most recent incidents, between 7.30pm on Tuesday (27) and 8.30am on Wednesday (28), someone broke into a shed at premises in Lowestoft Road to gain access to an area where compressed gas cylinders were stored. On this occasion nothing was stolen.
This instance follows a number of recent thefts and attempts to steal bottles of nitrous oxide gas from premises. While only a limited number of sites store this gas at least three in the Waveney area have been targeted since Saturday, October 24.
You may also want to watch:
'Police are stepping up patrols and are urging premises storing the gas to take additional security measures,' a police spokesman said.
Information should be directed to Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings