Thieves target vet surgeries in Waveney
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Waveney following a spate of thefts and attempted thefts from veterinary surgeries.Witnesses and information is being sought after surgeries in the Lowestoft and Bungay areas were targeted in recent days.
POLICE are stepping up patrols in Waveney following a spate of thefts and attempted thefts from veterinary surgeries.
Witnesses and information is being sought after surgeries in the Lowestoft and Bungay areas were targeted in recent days.
In one of the most recent incidents, between 7.30pm on Tuesday (27) and 8.30am on Wednesday (28), someone broke into a shed at premises in Lowestoft Road to gain access to an area where compressed gas cylinders were stored. On this occasion nothing was stolen.
This instance follows a number of recent thefts and attempts to steal bottles of nitrous oxide gas from premises. While only a limited number of sites store this gas at least three in the Waveney area have been targeted since Saturday, October 24.
'Police are stepping up patrols and are urging premises storing the gas to take additional security measures,' a police spokesman said.
Information should be directed to Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 2 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 3 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 4 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 5 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 6 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
- 7 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 8 Man, 33, charged following Lowestoft burglary
- 9 Three bikes stolen in latest spate of cycle thefts
- 10 Green light to restore High Street shopfronts dating back to 1860s