ASSUMING K N Murphy (June 20) has read all my letters on the third crossing he has not done so very well or he prefers to ignore my arguments.I have explained the evidence that a third crossing would ultimately create more congestion and pollution and I have been consistent.
ASSUMING K N Murphy (June 20) has read all my letters on the third crossing he has not done so very well or he prefers to ignore my arguments.
I have explained the evidence that a third crossing would ultimately create more congestion and pollution and I have been consistent.
I make two points to those who argue I am anti-road and car.
Firstly, although it is because I sympathise with residents, not drivers, I am comfortable supporting an A12 single-carriageway bypass for Farnham, Little Glemham, Stratford St Andrew and Marlesford.
You may also want to watch:
Secondly, I've recently used my car seven times over nine days for journeys not practical by other means.
The shortest journey was about 15 miles and the longest over 200 miles. For two of them I had passengers, effectively preventing five single occupancy journeys.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
Of course some use their cars of necessity more than that. All of us drivers can help each other by using alternatives when possible. The evidence shows that a third crossing would encourage even more unhelpfulness to each other. Evidence also shows that if every car owner made just one less car journey a week traffic would reduce by 10pc.
One correspondent questioned my arguments for preferring to do a return journey to Stevenage by rail. His response included suggesting it is cheaper by car. I have now done the journey by rail and saved about £10.