Thoughtful Shelby donates hair to children less fortunate than herself
- Credit: Archant
A little girl has done her bit to put a smile on the face of children affected by illness.
When the time came for nine-year-old Shelby-Brooke Moore to go for a normal haircut, she decided it would be a nice idea to donate it to youngsters less fortunate than herself.
Her thoughtfulness arose after hearing about the Little Princess Trust, who provide real hair wigs to girls and boys affected by hair loss as a result of their illnesses.
Shelby, who lives in Lowestoft, raised as much money as possible prior to finally having her long hair cut on February 15.
Her mother, Sally-Anne Goldsmith, said: 'Shelby was very hyperactive and excited about the haircut, but at the hairdressers she froze at the thought of losing all that hair. However, she went through with it in the end and had two plaits cut off.
You may also want to watch:
'Ever since the haircut she's been feeling a bit chilly and keeps feeling for her hair, but she's over the moon with what she's done.'
Shelby's hair has been sent to the trust and she raised a brilliant £566.97, smashing her £350 target.
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 3 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 School hails success of open evening as families return to the classroom
- 10 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles