Threats claim sparks alert in Lowestoft
A MAJOR police search was launched in south Lowestoft following reports that a 'drunk man' had made threats to shoot a householder.Armed police officers and the Cambridgeshire force helicopter were called out just after 10.
A MAJOR police search was launched in south Lowestoft following reports that a 'drunk man' had made threats to shoot a householder.
Armed police officers and the Cambridgeshire force helicopter were called out just after 10.10pm last Thursday (March 4) night after the gun alert fears were sparked.
Witnesses described how the police helicopter was hovering around the Pakefield and Kirkley areas.
'Police were contacted after reports that a drunk man had made threats to shoot someone at an address in south Lowestoft,' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'Officers were mobilised including the Cambridgeshire Police helicopter, which was assisting under usual consortium arrangements as the Suffolk Police helicopter was off-line at the time, and armed police.'
The man was eventually located by officers on the ground a short time later and was subsequently searched.
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 5 Preparation begins for Lowestoft's crucial flood defence work
- 6 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 7 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 8 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 9 Golf club forced to move tees after dunes collapse
- 10 Mountain bike stolen during the night prompts police appeal
'No weapon was found and other enquiries are underway in relation to the man involved,' the spokesman added.