Threats claim sparks alert in Lowestoft
A MAJOR police search was launched in south Lowestoft following reports that a 'drunk man' had made threats to shoot a householder.Armed police officers and the Cambridgeshire force helicopter were called out just after 10.
A MAJOR police search was launched in south Lowestoft following reports that a 'drunk man' had made threats to shoot a householder.
Armed police officers and the Cambridgeshire force helicopter were called out just after 10.10pm last Thursday (March 4) night after the gun alert fears were sparked.
Witnesses described how the police helicopter was hovering around the Pakefield and Kirkley areas.
'Police were contacted after reports that a drunk man had made threats to shoot someone at an address in south Lowestoft,' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'Officers were mobilised including the Cambridgeshire Police helicopter, which was assisting under usual consortium arrangements as the Suffolk Police helicopter was off-line at the time, and armed police.'
The man was eventually located by officers on the ground a short time later and was subsequently searched.
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 3 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 4 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 5 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 6 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 9 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 10 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid
'No weapon was found and other enquiries are underway in relation to the man involved,' the spokesman added.