Threats claim sparks alert in Lowestoft
A MAJOR police search was launched in south Lowestoft following reports that a 'drunk man' had made threats to shoot a householder.Armed police officers and the Cambridgeshire force helicopter were called out just after 10.
A MAJOR police search was launched in south Lowestoft following reports that a 'drunk man' had made threats to shoot a householder.
Armed police officers and the Cambridgeshire force helicopter were called out just after 10.10pm last Thursday (March 4) night after the gun alert fears were sparked.
Witnesses described how the police helicopter was hovering around the Pakefield and Kirkley areas.
'Police were contacted after reports that a drunk man had made threats to shoot someone at an address in south Lowestoft,' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'Officers were mobilised including the Cambridgeshire Police helicopter, which was assisting under usual consortium arrangements as the Suffolk Police helicopter was off-line at the time, and armed police.'
The man was eventually located by officers on the ground a short time later and was subsequently searched.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 4 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 5 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 6 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 7 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 8 'My life as a young carer' - Woman's new book aims to support others
- 9 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 10 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
'No weapon was found and other enquiries are underway in relation to the man involved,' the spokesman added.