Threats claim sparks alert in Lowestoft
A MAJOR police search was launched in south Lowestoft following reports that a 'drunk man' had made threats to shoot a householder.Armed police officers and the Cambridgeshire force helicopter were called out just after 10.
A MAJOR police search was launched in south Lowestoft following reports that a 'drunk man' had made threats to shoot a householder.
Armed police officers and the Cambridgeshire force helicopter were called out just after 10.10pm last Thursday (March 4) night after the gun alert fears were sparked.
Witnesses described how the police helicopter was hovering around the Pakefield and Kirkley areas.
'Police were contacted after reports that a drunk man had made threats to shoot someone at an address in south Lowestoft,' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'Officers were mobilised including the Cambridgeshire Police helicopter, which was assisting under usual consortium arrangements as the Suffolk Police helicopter was off-line at the time, and armed police.'
The man was eventually located by officers on the ground a short time later and was subsequently searched.
- 1 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 2 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 3 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 4 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 Burglar attempts to rob store with metal bar as weapon
- 7 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 8 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 9 New book shines 'the spotlight' on coastal town's past and present
- 10 Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences
'No weapon was found and other enquiries are underway in relation to the man involved,' the spokesman added.