Three-car pile up on Acle Straight
The notorious Acle Straight was closed in both directions this morning after a three-car pile up.Police and rescue crews and were called to the A47 near to the Stracey Arms hotel between Yarmouth and Acle just after 7am today.
The notorious Acle Straight was closed in both directions for more than two hours this morning after a three-car pile up.
Police and rescue crews and were called to the A47 near to the Stracey Arms hotel between Yarmouth and Acle just after 7am today. Firefighters released a casualty from one of the vehicles. It is not yet known if anyone has been seriously injured.
The road opened at 9.40am and police are warning drivers turning back to be extra cautious of other motorists to avoid yet another incident.
Until then a diversion is in place via the A1064 through Billockby.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 8 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week