Three-car pile up on Acle Straight
The notorious Acle Straight was closed in both directions this morning after a three-car pile up.Police and rescue crews and were called to the A47 near to the Stracey Arms hotel between Yarmouth and Acle just after 7am today.
The notorious Acle Straight was closed in both directions for more than two hours this morning after a three-car pile up.
Police and rescue crews and were called to the A47 near to the Stracey Arms hotel between Yarmouth and Acle just after 7am today. Firefighters released a casualty from one of the vehicles. It is not yet known if anyone has been seriously injured.
The road opened at 9.40am and police are warning drivers turning back to be extra cautious of other motorists to avoid yet another incident.
Until then a diversion is in place via the A1064 through Billockby.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 2 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 3 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 4 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests