Three-car pile up on Acle Straight
The notorious Acle Straight was closed in both directions this morning after a three-car pile up.Police and rescue crews and were called to the A47 near to the Stracey Arms hotel between Yarmouth and Acle just after 7am today.
The notorious Acle Straight was closed in both directions for more than two hours this morning after a three-car pile up.
Police and rescue crews and were called to the A47 near to the Stracey Arms hotel between Yarmouth and Acle just after 7am today. Firefighters released a casualty from one of the vehicles. It is not yet known if anyone has been seriously injured.
The road opened at 9.40am and police are warning drivers turning back to be extra cautious of other motorists to avoid yet another incident.
Until then a diversion is in place via the A1064 through Billockby.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 3 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 8 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 9 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 10 Pharmacy announced as latest site to begin coronavirus vaccinations