Three-car pile up on Acle Straight
The notorious Acle Straight was closed in both directions this morning after a three-car pile up.Police and rescue crews and were called to the A47 near to the Stracey Arms hotel between Yarmouth and Acle just after 7am today.
The notorious Acle Straight was closed in both directions for more than two hours this morning after a three-car pile up.
Police and rescue crews and were called to the A47 near to the Stracey Arms hotel between Yarmouth and Acle just after 7am today. Firefighters released a casualty from one of the vehicles. It is not yet known if anyone has been seriously injured.
The road opened at 9.40am and police are warning drivers turning back to be extra cautious of other motorists to avoid yet another incident.
Until then a diversion is in place via the A1064 through Billockby.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 3 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 4 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 5 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 6 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?