Three in hospital after river rescue
A MAN and two children were taken to hospital after their dinghy capsized off Aldeburgh today (Tuesday).Boatmen from the town's yacht club raced out into the River Alde, after an onlooker raised the alarm, to rescue the trio who were clinging to the upended hull.
A MAN and two children were taken to hospital after their dinghy capsized off Aldeburgh today (Tuesday).
Boatmen from the town's yacht club raced out into the River Alde, after an onlooker raised the alarm, to rescue the trio who were clinging to the upended hull.
Paramedics were also called and waited on shore for the three casualties to be brought to safety.
The drama unfolded shortly before 1pm when the dinghy, with a man and two boys on board, capsized and began taking on water.
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance was also dispatched but was stood down when rescuers learned that boatmen had reached the dinghy.
All three of the party had managed to scramble onto the overturned boat by the time help arrived.
- 1 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 2 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 3 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 6 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
When they reached shore they were taken by ambulance to Ipswich Hospital suffering from the effects of the cold, though neither the man nor the boys were showing signs of hypothermia.