Three men attacked and robbed in Lowestoft
THREE men were robbed and assaulted in Lowestoft in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday, December 21).
Police are seeking witnesses to the robbery in Belvedere Road, which happened about 3am. A 17-year-old boy and two friends – a 19-year-old man and a 22-year-old man – were walking down London Road North towards Belvedere Road and when they reached Station Square they became aware of a group of three men walking towards them from the Denmark Road direction.
The two groups met up and began talking, walking over the bridge. The three other maen were asking for cigarettes and whether they had any money.
The two groups separated at the traffic lights at Pier Terrace, but both continued to walk along Belvedere Road, and the group with the 17-year-old, 19-year-old and 22-year-old were then called over.
Two of the group were then assaulted – the 19-year-old and 22-year-old - and phones were stolen from two of them – the 17-year-old and the 22-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
The attackers – described as white, aged in their late teens to early 20s, one about 6ft tall, of average build, with fair hair, wearing a light grey hooded top with the hood up and a baseball cap, one described as being of smaller and slimmer build with a haggard-looking face with gingery coloured hair and wearing a dark grey hooded top and the third of average build wearing a dark coloured hooded top or jacket with dark hair and a goatee beard – then walked away across the car park towards the end of Cleveland Road.
• Anyone who was in the area around 3am this morning, who may have seen the groups or the robbery itself, or anyone with information about who the robbers are should call DC 849 Small at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 3 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 4 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 5 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 6 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 10 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020