Three of a testing kind
ENTRIES were this week still coming in for a stamina-sapping triathlon at Fritton Lake, being held for the third time this year.Money raised from the event will go towards CLIC Sargent, the children's cancer charity, and it takes place over the weekend of June 6 and 7.
ENTRIES were this week still coming in for a stamina-sapping triathlon at Fritton Lake, being held for the third time this year.
Money raised from the event will go towards CLIC Sargent, the children's cancer charity, and it takes place over the weekend of June 6 and 7.
The triathlon is being split over two separate days. First-timers can join the super sprint race (400m swim, 20km cycle and 3km trail run) on Saturday, June 6.
And more seasoned athletes can tackle the Olympic distance (1500m swim, 40km cycle and 10km cross-country run) the following day, either individually or as a team relay.
You may also want to watch:
There's also a new children's fun run for five to nine and 10 to 13-year-olds, in which fancy dress is optional.
Entries must be received by Friday, May 29. For more details visit www.fritton-lake-triathlon.co.uk or call 07962 430136.
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 Free scooter hire in town for those getting Covid vaccinations
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
For more information about CLIC Sargent visit clicsargent.org.uk or call the child cancer helpline on 0800 197 0068.