Three teenagers sprayed in the face in Lowestoft
THREE teenagers have today (Thursday) been taken to hospital after they were sprayed in the face with a white powder substance - possibly a fire extinguisher - as they walked home after a night out in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after three 18-year-old men were sprayed in the face with what is believed to be the contents of a fire extinguisher or similar, in the early hours of the this morning.
'Officers were called to Victoria Road by ambulance personnel just after 12.45am who reported that the three had been sprayed with a white cloudy substance, which was causing irritation to their eyes, breathing problems and vomiting,' a police spokesman said.
'All three were taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for treatment. Two have since been discharged and the third is undergoing further tests, including an examination by an eye specialist.'
The three had been walking home along the road after a night out in Oulton Broad when a car had pulled up just in front of them. As the 18-year-olds passed the vehicle the passenger side window was lowered and the three were sprayed - before the vehicle drove off at speed.
You may also want to watch:
'Police are keen to talk to anyone who was in the area around the time and would particularly like to trace a taxi driver who is believed to have pulled up near the three 18-year-olds, and drove off again, shortly before the car with the offenders in stopped,' the police spokesman added.
• Anyone with information about the incident or those involved is asked to call PC 1723 Pullen at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'