Three weeks of fun across Waveney
REVELS 09 launches on Easter Monday offering an array of things to see, do, enjoy and explore for three weeks across the Waveney district.From stage shows to exhibitions, music nights to specialist talks, activities will be on a spectacular scale.
REVELS 09 launches on Easter Monday offering an array of things to see, do, enjoy and explore for three weeks across the Waveney district.
From stage shows to exhibitions, music nights to specialist talks, activities will be on a spectacular scale.
One Revels week is also International TV Turnoff Week (April 20 to 26).
Last year the series of events attracted more than 17,000 people and this year's Revels, again co-ordinated by Waveney District Council's arts and heritage service, could prove a launch pad for even bigger and better times ahead if yet more successful.
You may also want to watch:
Revels 09 events include Rolling Revels - events happening daily; Revels Specials - one-offs and short runs; and Revelling Free - places to go without charge and Revelling Ideas - to do at home.
Revels avoids leaflets or brochures with details online and anyone who cannot gain access to the council's website can ask for free help at the library, ask a friend or neighbour or Waveney Tourist Information Centres.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 6 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 9 People warned of dangers of eroding cliffs on Suffolk-Norfolk border beach
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
And The Journal plans to keep readers posted of what's coming up.
From a car rally and running a marathon to workshops and concerts there are 100-plus events planned.