Thrilling conclusion at Three Rivers quiz
- Credit: Archant
The Three Rivers Talking Newspaper hosted the local talking newspaper quiz night at Bungay Golf Club.
Having won the quiz for the last couple of years against their rivals Sound East and Grapevine, the Three Rivers teams did really well until the end.
They were sharing first place until after three tie-break questions when they were defeated by a Grapevine team with a tricky question posed by 3RTN chairman Vaughan O'Shea.
With 21 teams taking part in the quiz, Bungay Golf Club prepared a delicious buffet supper and Vaughan entertained everyone during the raffle. Special thanks to quizmasters Kaye and Helen, Sally for organising the raffle and congratulations to the winning team from Grapevine, The Nomads.
Runners-up The K9 Crew took home the David Wuyts trophy for the highest scoring Three Rivers team. The money raised will be shared between the three talking newspaper groups represented.
You may also want to watch:
For more details about the Three Rivers Talking Newspaper visit www.3rtn.org.uk or call Charmian Lee on 01986 895503.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew