Thrilling conclusion at Three Rivers quiz
- Credit: Archant
The Three Rivers Talking Newspaper hosted the local talking newspaper quiz night at Bungay Golf Club.
Having won the quiz for the last couple of years against their rivals Sound East and Grapevine, the Three Rivers teams did really well until the end.
They were sharing first place until after three tie-break questions when they were defeated by a Grapevine team with a tricky question posed by 3RTN chairman Vaughan O'Shea.
With 21 teams taking part in the quiz, Bungay Golf Club prepared a delicious buffet supper and Vaughan entertained everyone during the raffle. Special thanks to quizmasters Kaye and Helen, Sally for organising the raffle and congratulations to the winning team from Grapevine, The Nomads.
Runners-up The K9 Crew took home the David Wuyts trophy for the highest scoring Three Rivers team. The money raised will be shared between the three talking newspaper groups represented.
You may also want to watch:
For more details about the Three Rivers Talking Newspaper visit www.3rtn.org.uk or call Charmian Lee on 01986 895503.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'