Thrilling conclusion at Three Rivers quiz
- Credit: Archant
The Three Rivers Talking Newspaper hosted the local talking newspaper quiz night at Bungay Golf Club.
Having won the quiz for the last couple of years against their rivals Sound East and Grapevine, the Three Rivers teams did really well until the end.
They were sharing first place until after three tie-break questions when they were defeated by a Grapevine team with a tricky question posed by 3RTN chairman Vaughan O'Shea.
With 21 teams taking part in the quiz, Bungay Golf Club prepared a delicious buffet supper and Vaughan entertained everyone during the raffle. Special thanks to quizmasters Kaye and Helen, Sally for organising the raffle and congratulations to the winning team from Grapevine, The Nomads.
Runners-up The K9 Crew took home the David Wuyts trophy for the highest scoring Three Rivers team. The money raised will be shared between the three talking newspaper groups represented.
You may also want to watch:
For more details about the Three Rivers Talking Newspaper visit www.3rtn.org.uk or call Charmian Lee on 01986 895503.
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft